Some might wonder how I could make such a leap, but if you look at the facts, the leap is nothing but a small step for the observant mind.
In regards to a rise in power of socialists in the United States, all you have to do is take a look at the Democratic Party’s deliberate trend away from concerns about an individual freedoms and rights toward feminism, universal healthcare, universal childcare, and a one-world economy. In 1992, I believe Bill Clinton was elected because the average citizen didn’t really understand that the Clintons are socialists and socialism typically leads to communism, but now – 16 years later – there is no excuse. Hillary and Barack have both made it clear that they believe that the government should be in control of our money, our children, and our choices.
Concerning the deliberate and progressive overthrow of anyone with contrary beliefs, have you noticed that science used to be a, well, a science? This included testing of ideas, contradicting conclusions that proved to be false, and a constant search for new truths. It is through this type of science that we discovered that great scientists such as Hippocrates, Galileo, and Einstein made their greatest discoveries.
Today in our society, our children are trained not to question scientific ideas such as those proposed by Charles Darwin. Throughout human history, scientists have been the one group of people who absolutely insisted on testing theories to prove them correct or disprove them (even though they sometimes died for their findings). Today scientists are insulted and often lose their jobs for being brave enough to question the Darwinian theories. And yes, they are theories; Darwin’s ideas are not based on the principles of good science set forth in the scientific method – observe, collect data, hypothesize, test. He did do the first three, but without the fourth step, it is still a theory. Regardless of what you think about evolution, religion, etc., you have to admit that there is definitely an opposition to any mindset not willing to accept evolutionary ideas.
Now, for the real test of whether or not we are headed toward a downfall of our democratic system of government, just take a look at our education system. This is where it really starts to get interesting!
From 1990 – 1991, Hillary Clinton, then first lady of Arkansas, was paid $102,000 for her work as a consultant to the National Center on Education and the Economy (NCEE), an organization subsidized by taxpayers. During this time, she and Bill worked with a man named Marc Tucker and to devise a plan for educational reform. When Bill was elected in 1992, Tucker sent Hillary a letter (now known as “Hillary’s Letter”) that reviewed some of the educational initiatives they had planned, such as:
– an educational system that “literally extends from cradle to grave and is the same system for everyone” and is a “seamless web.” Anyone notice the push for children to be in “educational programs” at younger and younger ages? Ever heard of public-funded daycare, indoctrination into liberal worldviews of homosexuality in kindergarten, or states trying to increase homeschool regulation? All of these are part of the “web.”
– encouragement for the Clintons to act quickly and “move like lightning” to implement the agenda set forth in this educational plan, further stating that “major parts of the whole system would be in operation in a majority of the states within three years from the passage of the initial legislation.” This did in fact happen.
– Government controlled education linked directly to the marketplace with “rewards [for] students who meet the national standards with further education and good jobs” What about a free-market society and incentive to do well because work in itself is a reward? Since the government decides who gets the rewards, what about non-public school students? (Remember the incident at the Washington County Library when the mayor didn’t want a homeschool program there because we weren’t a government school? Don’t kid yourself – rewards (and jobs!) would go to students educated in government schools.
– Free college to everyone who meets minimum requirements. Are you ready for higher taxes again – to benefit the masses of society?
– Students are referred to throughout the letter as “human resources.” These “human resources” would be trained in specific job-related skills, which would be selected based on the students’ background, family information, educational performance, etc. Let’s see, how many ways can I say this is wrong?!? Privacy invasion? We’re already allowing unborn babies to be aborted and children born with severe handicaps to be denied nutrition and care until they die. If children do not perform to standard, what will be our “solution” for them – euthanasia based on lack of performance?
If you think this was just a letter and I am exaggerating, think again. Do you remember Goals 2000, the Educate America Act, the School-to-Work Opportunities Act, and the Improving America’s Schools Act? These were all put into place in 1994 and are a direct product of the NCEE initiatives.
One of the scariest points of the NCEE’s educational reform agenda is to require that “All available front-line jobs – whether public or private – must be listed in [the government run employment system] by law.” Furthermore, employers would have to pay the government for this service of providing the “human resources” for these jobs. When surveyed, employers adamantly opposed this idea so the NCEE had a slick recommendation:
“We propose that Bill [Clinton] take a leaf out of the German book. One of the most important reasons that large German employers offer apprenticeship slots to German youngsters is that they fear, with good reason, that if they don’t volunteer to do so, the law will require it. Bill could gather a group of leading executives and business organization leaders, and tell them straight out that he will hold back on submitting legislation to require a training levy, provided that they commit themselves to a drive to get employers to get their average expenditures on front-line employee training up to 2% of front-line employee salaries and wages within two years. If they have not done so within that time, then he will expect their support when he submits legislation requiring the training levy.”
Now that’s just scary! This is not social fiction, people! Are you aware of increasing government control of personal property (ever heard of eminent domain?), a loss of personal freedoms (ever heard of required DNA testing for jobs, mandatory immunizations to attend school, or case workers visiting homes without revealing any charges against the parents?), denial of religious freedom (do I even need to give examples for this one?). These things are happening and now that the ball is rolling, I fear that it is going to be very difficult to stop.
In a speech in May 2007, Hillary made the following comments:
“It’s time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few and for the few, time to reject the idea of an ’on your own’ society and to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity. I prefer a ’we’re all in it together’ society.”
Does this not sound like socialism to anyone but me?
Lest it look like I’m solely picking on Hillary, Barack Obama has been involved with the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) since 1996. His campaign is not only receiving financial support from socialist groups, but also DSA supporters are helping Obama’s campaign in other ways.
His comments are no less frightening than Hillary’s either, but he has simply been a bit more subtle. When recently explaining the issue of universal healthcare to a group in North Carolina, Obama told a five-year-old, “We’ve got to make sure that people who have more money help the people who have less money.” He then asked “If you had a whole pizza, and your friend had no pizza, would you give him a slice?” While this sounds like a nice thing to do and YES, I encourage my children to share, don’t you think it is kind of ironic that Obama has a salary of $162,100 per year and the median income for average American families is $46,326. Perhaps Obama would be the first to offer us a piece of his pizza?
The fact that Obama makes a salary almost four times that of the “average” American family. In 2005, Bill Clinton made $7.5 million giving speeches. He and Hillary have a reported owning assets worth between $10 and $50 billion. OK, now while I’d really like to have a piece of that pie, there are many questions that should be asked, but there is one that demands to be asked. Would the Clintons truly be willing to give up all their assets to benefit the “village” of which she is so fond of speaking? If not (and I seriously doubt anyone would), then this is just an example of why we will still always have a gap between rich and poor in our country or, in this case, a gap between the poor and the stinking, filthy rich.
Our founding fathers were so wise in their decisions and I am eternally grateful that they established our country with the freedoms we have enjoyed for over 200 years. I love my country, our Constitution, my Lord, and my family. I will NOT teach my children anything that is mandated by the state that contradicts the truth of the Bible. You do not have to be a Christian to agree with me. You do not have to homeschool to agree with me. As a matter of fact, you do not have to agree with me at all. That is part of the beauty of our country. If you don’t agree with me, though, then it may not be long before Big Brother is telling you exactly with whom you must agree!